close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Brush Burning & Seasonal Camp Fire Permits

img_0056-300x225Hancock residents who wish to burn brush on their property will need to obtain a written permit first. We are only allowed to issue permits when the State says it is OK to do so. They post a Fire Danger Index, ranking the day on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest danger. We issue permits on days rated 1 or 2 only. You can click here to find the rating for the day.

You can get your online fire permit here.

NH open burning FAQ.

Please Note: Permits are NOT required when there is adequate snowcover on the ground. Contact one of the following Wardens for permits as well as information on rules and regulations:

Name Title Phone
Nevan Cassidy State Fire Warden (603) 562-9934
Mark Thompson Deputy Fire Warden (603) 562-6630
Tom Bates Deputy Fire Warden (603) 520-5640
John Pirkey Deputy Fire Warden (603) 933-8124
Paul Towers Deputy Fire Warden (603) 440-9667

Seasonal campfire permits are available as well.